Ahead of the February 2019 Elections, the Police Service Commission today approved the appointment and subsequent deployment of 37 Command Commissioners of Police for the 36 states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory Abuja, following the recommendation of the acting Inspector-General of Police with immediate effect.
The Commissioners are:
1. Katsina State – Buba Sanusi.
2. Kano State – Mohammed Wakili.
3. Jigawa State Rabiu Ladodo.
4. Ogun State – Ahmed Iliyasu.
5. Lagos State – Mu’azu Zubairu.
6. Niger State – Ibrahim Sabo.
7. Taraba State -Alkassam Sanusi.
8. Adamawa State – Garba M. Mukaddas.
9. Benue State – Omololu Bishi
10. Nassarawa State – Bola Longe.
11. Plateau State -Isaac Akinmoyede
12. Edo State – Odumosu Hakeem.
13. Bayelsa State – Olushola David
14. Delta State – Adeleke Yinka.
15. Cross Rivers State – Austin Iwero Agbonlahor
16. Akwa Ibom State -Bashir Makama
17. Ebonyi State – Awosola Awotunde.
18. Rivers State – Belel Usman.
19. Gombe State – Bello Makwashi.
20. Kaduna State – Abdulrahman Ahmed.
21. FCT – Bala Ciroma.
22. Kwara State -Egbetokun Kayode.
23. Kogi State – Hakeem Busari.
24. Ekiti State – Asuquo Amba.
25. Imo State – Galadanchi Dasuki.
26. Enugu State -Suleiman Balarabe.
27. Anambra State -Dandaura Mustapha.
28. Abia state -Etim Ene Okon.
29. Sokoto state – Ibrahim Kaoje
30. Zamfara State -Celestine Okoye.
31. Kebbi State – Garba Danjuma.
32. Osun State – Abiodun Ige.
33. Ondo State -Undie Adie
34. Oyo State – Olukolu Shina.
35. Bauchi State – Ali Janga.
36. Borno State -Damian Chukwu and
37. Yobe State – Sumonu Abdulmalik
The Commissioners are expected to proceed immediately to their new Commands ahead of the 2019 General Elections.
The Chairman of the Commission, Alhaji Musiliu Smith has charged them to quickly settle at their new posts and ensure that the forth-coming General Elections in their various Commands are peaceful, free, fair and transparent. He further added that our nation cannot afford any disruption of the elections anywhere as the world is looking up to Nigeria for a proof that its democracy has continued to mature.
The Commission’s approval has been conveyed to the acting Inspector General of Police for implementation.