The Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE) has elected Engineer James Akale as its new Technical Secretary for a period of two years, to cover Lokoja and Ajaokuta.
Akale, a seasoned civil engineer, from Bassa Local Government Area of Kogi state, graduated from the Ahmadu Bello University in 1999 with a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering and a Masters of Technology degree in Project Management from the Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
As the Technical Secretary Nigeria Society of Engineer, Kogi Chapter, Akale would be responsible for the following:
- To see to the day to day runing of the branch technical requirements like organizing Technical visits to industries etc, Technical seminars, technical road shows like partnering with FRSC to sensitize our people.
- Liaison with Govt parastatals that deals with engineering related activities eg ministry works Transport, Lands, Housing, Maintenance agencies etc.
- Create liaison with NSE Headquarters for Engineers who want to register.
- Make regular visits to project sites, mostly govt awarded projects and report same.
- Arrange technical session by inviting experts to train and educate Kogi State engineers on new technologies in the different sectors etc.
Engr James Akale’s professional career span over 18 years.
Projects he directly supervised are:
- Jetty Construction Onne 6yrs by Prodeco international,
- Gas Turbine construction Gbaran Bayelsa state 12months by Rockson Engineering,
- Generale, Bodo/Bonny road, syringe factory Rivers state , itigidi bridge cross rivers state, Gitto construzione (an Italian firm)
- Megastar technical and construction company limited, oil and gas polytechnics and 12 storey rainbow town projects. Polytechnics Ekowa, Bayelsa state
A traditional title holder from Koji Basss local government as NDA KPI KPE KOJI
Engr. James Akale is a philanthropist and MD/CEO of Ak and Juel Engineering Services Nigeria Limited. He is married with Children