The government of KOGI State has inaugurated the Steering Committee for the World Bank assisted Public Sector Governance Reforms and Development Project in the state. According to our correspondent, the Committee has the mandate of performing oversight function to ensure the PSGRDP performs optimally to achieve transparency and accountability in the management of public finance and Human Resources.
While inaugurating the committee, the state Governor, Alh Yahaya Bello who will act as the chairman of the committee observed that the project was initiated by the World Bank and keyed into by his administration because of the importance the New Direction government attaches to reforms for good governance and sustainable development. He charged members to be committed to the duties membership of the committee confers on them and discharge them with all sense of diligence and responsibility.
According to the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Hon Petra Onyegbule who briefed the newsmen, the committee has the following persons members;
- His Excellency, Alhaji Yahaya Bello – Chairman
- The Secretary to the State Government, Mrs Folashade Arike Ayoade
- Honourable Commissioner for Finance and Economic Development, Idris Asiru
- Honourable Attorney General of the State and Commissioner for Justice
- Honourable Commissioner for Budget and Planning, Kehinde Oloruntoba
- Head of Kogi State Civil Service.
- Chairman, Kogi State Internal Revenue Service
- Chairman, Civil Service Commission
- DG, Bureau for Public Procurement
- State Accountant General 11. State Auditor General
- Representative of the House of Assembly, the Chief Whip of Kogi State House of Assembly and Member representing Ajaokuta constituency.
- Two representatives of Civil Society Organisations.
- Project Coordinator, Kogi State World Bank assisted Public Sector Governance Reforms and Development Project – Secretary.