In fulfilling his promise that no genuine worker of Kogi state civil and public service will loose his or her job, Governor Yahaya Bello today constituted yet another 32 man STAFF SCREENING COMPLAINTS APPEAL COMMITTEE to look critically at the report submitted by previous committees which generated a lot of misgivings and unresolved verification issues.
The new committee will commence sitting from the 23rd of January, 2017 through to the first week of March, 2017. The 32 member committee members are drawn from the Public Service, Organised Labour, Civil Society Organisations and other relevant stakeholders from both within and outside the state.
The Appeal Committee was futher divided into two sub committees;
- Complaint Review Committee and
- Technical Review Committee.
The Committee is composed of a Chairman and Secretary who are to oversee all activities of the committee. The committee’s terms of references are as follows:
- To attend to public servants who wish to appeal the decision of the Screening Review and Complaints Committee.
- To receive appeals from public servants adjudged to be in the ‘uncleared’ register but who feel they have reasons or relevant documents to substantiate and defend themselves.
- Where the Committee is satisfied with the reason(s) or document(s) presented by the complainant, may consider recommending to His Excellency, a reclassification of the status of such a public servant from uncleared to cleared list.
- To examine the recommendations contained in the Staff Screening and Verification Report with a view to proposing additional recommendations relevant repositioning the state Public Service.
- To liaise with appropriate Government Organs to ensure appropriate structure needed for effective implementation of the recommendations of the Staff Screening and Verification Exercise are put in place and in compliance with the extant Rules.
- Conduct fresh Screening for those with genuine reasons for not participating in the initial screening exercise.
- Any other assignment as may be directed by His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Kogi State, during the period of the Exercise.
The Committee is at liberty to incorporate persons deemed fit and competent to deliver specific and professional services as members, Consultants and determine what is considered reasonable as their remuneration and to also commission or procure material deemed necessary, subject to the approval of the Executive Governor of the State.
Members of the committees are as follows:
- Mr. J.Y. Ayuba — Director of Studies, ASCON, (Committee Chairman).
- Mr. Ephraim Amurawaiye — Office of the SSG (Committee Secretary).
- Mr. B.O Eniaiyejuni — Director of Studies, ASCON.
- Engr Abubakar Ohere — Special Adviser to the Governor on Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs.
- Representative of SSS to be nominated by Director SSS.
- ASP Opere Matthew — State Investigation Bureau.
- Barrister Sani Kilawa — Independent Observer, Gombe State.
- Alhaji Musa A Muhammed — Independent Observer, Kaduna State.
- Alhaji Suleiman Abdullahi Ndalayi — Chairman, NUT and Vice Chairman, NLC.
- Hajia Aisha Muhammed Lugga — Independent Member, Zamfara State.
- Abdulrahman Lawal — Civil Service Commisssion.
- Alhaji Husseini A. Alhassan — SUBEB.
- Alhaji Adamu Yakubu — Independent Member, Kogi State.
- Alhaji Gambo Muhammed — Independent Member, Kaduna State.
- Alhaji S.O Muhammed — Office of Head of Service.
- Mr. Adegboyega Oluwafemi — Ministry of Justice.
- Hajia Maryam Ladi Ibrahim — Civil Society Group (former ANAN President, former State Auditor General, former SSG).
- David Jagun Ehimony — Director (rtd) House of Assembly.
- Jemirowon David Taiwo — Civil Society Group.
- Ojomo Aderemi — Civil Society Group.
- Emmanuel S.B. Godwin — Civil Society Group.
- Joseph O. Ipemida — Nigerian Union of Pensioners.
- Emeje Sunday Ogu — Trade Union Congress.
- Sani Mohammed — NULGE.
- Magnus C. Ogaraku — NMA.
- Alhaji Voyil Abdul — Civil Society Group.
- Evangelist Kingsley Fanwo — DG, Media and Publicity.
- Andrew Enejiyon — National Association of Nurses and Midwives.
- Obaka Meliga — NLC.
- Representative of NASU
- Alhaji Usman Ahmed Ododo — Office of Auditor-General for Local Government.
- Alhaji Yakubu Yusuf Okala — Office of the State Auditor-General.
The Committee will attend to each complaint objectively without prejudice. Whoever was not part of the last exercise with congent reasons are to start collecting their biodata forms from their different MDAs and Local Government Areas from tomorrow.
The committee chairman shall report to the Executive Governor directly.
Attached are time table for all the Ministries, Department and Agencies (MDAs) to be adhered to by the committee.
TIME-TABLE FOR MDA’s
TIMETABLE FOR PENSIONERS